Wednesday, May 9, 2007

FInal

3 things that I learned during this class:

1) I think one of the biggest things I have learned is how to deal with Macs. I used to hate Macs from all the freezing and such that all my information and documents have been lost using the Macs. Now I feel comfortable using them and haven't had as many problems as I did previously.

2) I hardly ever mess with video cameras or anything to that effect. I loved working and making my IMovie and taught me that I could turn around and use this tool in the classroom to make movies for the students and give them out to the children. I think it would be a great learning experience for them.

3) I also had some experience making a website using a much more detailed software. Using the program we did to make our websites made things a lot easier and you didn't have to worry about any of the HTML codes. I will probably buy this software for my own computer as well.

Reflection on six classmates

Chris Schmidtberger- His was a very simple website. Some of the links didn't work and should look over things after he transmitted his site to the web.

Keri Sherman- She obviously put a lot of work into this website. She put her corrections class work on it and many other extra assignments on it. I thought it was cool to have a lot of pictures of herself on the website as well :).

Nikki Moody- I liked her ABC book a lot :). It had a lot of great pictures and she worked a long time on it. The pictures of her from places in Europe was really cool as well :). Well done

Ashley Feldcamp- I liked the calendar she added to her page. Great looking pages. Would be easy for an elementary school student to use!

Joan Steinkuhler- I really liked your website. It was colorful and I really liked the ABC book that had a story line of traveling that is a great idea and the students would like that a lot. Great job Joan :).

Kayla J- This is a great website it had a personable feel to it and showed her in the classroom. It was colorful and the only thing I would change is have the navigation bars throughout each page.

Personal Website- I loved doing this project and my personality was able to come out a little in it. Using the science and space themes would appeal to children a long with using a football theme for my ABC book would catch boys' attention. I think I could have done better on the professional side of things, but when I first thought of this concept I generally was thinking of a website students would enjoy to be on. I wasn't thinking of the professional side of having administrators looking at the website. I need to revise the website but still keep it enjoyable for children to go to.

No comments: